Plein Air Painting: Autumns Glow! Jessica Henry Gray
Autumns color is at its peak here in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I had to take advantage of capturing more plein air before it’s gone! Who doesn’t love the vibrancy of the glow of sun through the leaves. Its the fascination of the immediacy. Here in just a moment- then it’s gone!
Today I want to show you a few things I do to really pull out the feeling of glow in your paintings. I also demonstrate how to adjust your paintings beginning without a thumbnail sketch, in the event you forget paper sometime. I show how easy it is to just wipe off and start over.
There is some wind and a few jets flying over head, facts that I could do nothing about, but I hope you enjoy this video and get out to tackle the beautiful color where you are!
Have a wonderful week!
Don’t forget if you enjoyed this video to hit the subscribe button!
Below are all the links to the various things I mention in my videos. Scroll down to find my personal web site, if interested in a painting, or join my blog, sign up for my newsletter- whatever! Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!
Also, join my email newsletter for updates, news on available art, reviews from other workshops and booking information, blog and more go to Jessica Henry’s personal web site:
For weekly tips and techniques announcing the YouTube video for the week, check out and join this weeks free email Newsletter:
Le Vieux Couvent, Workshop in France, 2020:
Destin, Florida Plein Air Workshop: April 22-25, 2020
Renaissance Creative Arts Online Store Link: http://bit.ly/RenaissanceOnlineStore
RENAISSANCE ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS: https://renaissancecreativearts.clickfunnels.com/vsl
To follow me on Facebook:
To follow me on Instagram:
Tag me on @jessica_henry_fine_art if you do one of my paintings from these videos, I’d love to see!
ART Materials common in all videos (with the exception of drawing and watercolor videos)
• Titanium White
• Cadmium Yellow Medium
• Yellow Ochre
• Burnt Sienna
• Ultramarine Blue
• Pthalo Green
• Alizarin Crimson
• Gamsol (Odorless Mineral Spirits- available through Gamblin Products)
• Refined Linseed Oil (Also available through Gamblin)
• Some videos, Open Box M www.openboxm.com
• Some videos, www.artboxandpanel.com Both companies- great plein air easels!
Handmade wooden palettes by me: https://jessicahenryfineart.com/workszoom/2387568#/
• Signet Series by Robert Simmons: sizes 2,4,6,& 8
Plein Air Backpack:
• Sienna Brand Plein Air Back Pack
• Small 8” x 10”, 6” x 8” or so panels (I prefer linen or gessoed- not cotton cheap ones) In this video I am using Masterpiece 13″ x 8″ Panels by Masterpiece: www.masterpiecearts.com
• Raymar wet panel carrier for carrying wet paintings (I prefer an 8” x 10”) You can order panels through Raymar, also
• Paper Towels
• Small garbage bag
• Artists plein air umbrella (Optional) https://www.greatarttools.com/best_brella_store/
• Bottle of water/snack
• Sketch book/pencil
• Larger sturdy easel
• Misc. books
• Work station/table