How to paint boats & reflections – Watercolour – by T. Wilmot
A full watercolour demonstration by UK artist Tim Wilmot (http://www.timwilmot.com/) showing many watercolour techniques such as a watercolour wash, blending colours, painting around objects, wet in wet and dry brush strokes.
In this demo I will be covering…
1) Choice of Subject. What makes a good watercolour subject. How to simplify the scene.
2) Materials I use such as the paper. I will also cover the paints I use and the palette, plus how I hold the different brushes for different techniques.
3) Doing the outline sketch as the first step. How to draw boat shapes.
4) Doing the sky and the first wash of the background and then the water.
5) Shadows and details on the boats and their reflections.
6) Watch out for the ‘sword’ brush at the end and highlighting tips.
More information on watercolour demos, lessons and recent paintings by Tim Wilmot can be found at http://www.timwilmot.com/