Composition lesson 1: Telling a Story through Focal points
Unedited livestream of Lesson 1 of my Composition livestream series. I do an analysis of the composition of various works of art and demonstrate how to obtain better compositions in your own artwork.
Composition Lesson #1: Telling a story through focal points
– tell a story. where do you want the eye to go?
– many ways to get the eye there.
– color, tone, rhythm to guide eye to the focal point
– diagonals used in more action shots
– details are lost in areas of unimportance
– thumbnailing. plan ahead before beginning the final to decide what the focal point will be, tonal structure.
– negative space
Subscribe to our newsletter to get notified of livestream schedules and lesson plan:
* * *
JOIN ME LIVE
Join me live on twitch to ask questions and get feedback on your art.
* * *
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY OF NEURODIVERGENT ARTISTS
* * *
WANT MORE ART TIPS?
Get tips delivered straight to your inbox
Support us on Patreon to get extra perks, including a behind the scenes vlog