Which Colored Pencils Have the Most Pigment?
Watch me test 33 different colored pencil brands to see which ones have the best and worst pigmentation! Using Gamsol, an odorless mineral spirit, I test the red, blue and green colored pencils of each brand. I then take the average scores to calculate the top 10 best and top 10 worst colored pencils when it comes to pigmentation.
So how did your favorite colored pencils do? I was surprised at the results; in fact, two of my favorite colored pencils, Prismacolor Premier and Faber-Castell Polychromos, didn’t make the top 5. And one of my favorites, the Irojiten Recycled actually made the bottom 10.
So, keep in mind that this is only one factor–I would not recommend using this test alone to determine which colored pencils to buy. This test will simply give you one thing to consider if you’re leaning towards or against buying a specific colored pencil brand. Just because a specific brand made the bottom 10 does not mean it’s a bad pencil to purchase.
Blog Post with Test Charts:
Best & Worst White Colored Pencils: https://youtu.be/HYY8rSa_rf4
Colored Pencil Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtMjW6afZePLII5czyUrDc91o6U7QTmrS
Top 10 Most Pigmented Colored Pencils…
1. Blick Studio Artists’ Colored Pencils: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-8269188-11426414
2. Caran d’Ache Luminance: http://amzn.to/2iW3nKZ
3. Koh-I-Noor Progresso Woodless: http://amzn.to/2vFItFV
4. Soho Urban Artist: http://amzn.to/2iVRZ20
5. Derwent Coloursoft: http://amzn.to/2iWJFPh
6. Faber-Castell Polychromos: http://amzn.to/2wyOIul
7. Prismacolor Premier: http://amzn.to/2gyOHwT
8. Sargent Art Construction Paper: http://amzn.to/2xJVtbc
9. Koh-I-Noor Polycolor: http://amzn.to/2gyZUxz
10. Prismacolor Verithin: http://amzn.to/2eyfsRR
Jennifer’s Favorite Colored Pencil Paper: http://amzn.to/2snhhtg
Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits: http://amzn.to/2vFcllS