Speed Painting Wildlife in Soft Pastel
A full painting in pastel of three fallow deer speeded up into 13 minutes of footage. Watch the whole painting come together and see how to build up layers in pastel to create either blurred backgrounds or fine detail in animals.
I photographed these deer in Parkanaur forest park in Northern Ireland.
For in depth HD pastel tutorials check out my Patreon channel at
For commissions and sales visit www.EmmaColbertArt.com
To see more of my work in progress subscribe for more videos or visit www.EmmaColbertArt.blogspot.co.uk. Follow my work on www.Facebook.com/EmmaColbertArt
The music is by Chopin. It’s called Ballade No. 4 in F minor. I used Musopen.org for the royalty free recording.
List of Materials Used:
* Velour paper mounted on Xtra Tak mount board. 27″x19″
* Unison Colour Soft Pastels
* 1 black Faber Castell hard pastel
* A few Faber Castell Pitt pastel pencils
* A few Terry Ludwig intense darks