In this video I show the process of working on an oil painting titled “Blurring the lines”- 100 x 80 cm.
REAL-TIME PAINTING VIDEOS, TUTORIALS and other helpful materials ▶ https://www.patreon.com/dariacallie/overview
CONNECT WITH ME:
Vision behind the painting:
I wanted the main figure to represent strength and independence, and the abstraction surrounding the figure to create a free boundless environment, an imaginary world of some kind. I believe this blend of realism and abstraction can really produce something unique.
I decided to use soothing but as the same time expressive colors and their combinations to support the feelings I want this painting to evoke. Such as a feeling of serenity, strength, awareness.. and certainly a feeling of freedom.
• Oil paints “Nevskaya palitra”
• Frosted acrylic panel
• Paint thinner (odorless mineral spirits)
• Medium (stand linseed oil)
• Brushes – round detail brushes in sizes 1, 0 and 00; and synthetic filbert brushes in different sizes.
• Glass palette (homemade)
• Palette knife (from a local art-store)
• Paper towels (or tissues that I use to wipe the brushes)
“Ambient” by Strange day
“Lùnastal” by Joachim Heinrich