How To Paint Ears in oils – Daria Callie
How to paint ears “alla prima” with oil colors. In this video Daria Callie shows her process to paint an ear.
In this painting demo I show how I paint an ear with oils.
• Oil paints – Nevskaya palitra
Colors: Burnt umber, Cadmium Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Red and Titanium White.
(I have a color-mixing video where I explain how I premix my palette – https://youtu.be/kKT1gXBC_L4 )
In addition I have a couple of colors that I use sometimes: Ivory Black, Celestial Blue and Cobalt Violet Deep.
• Acrylic primer
• Paper 30 x 30 cm (12 x 12 inches) 280gsm
• Paint thinner (odorless mineral spirits)
• Medium (stand linseed oil)
• Brushes – Detail brushes & Filbert synthetic brushes of different sizes
• Glass palettes (homemade)
• Palette knife (from a local art-store)
• Paper towels (or tissues that I use to wipe the brushes)
REAL-TIME PAINTING VIDEOS, TUTORIALS and other helpful materials: https://www.patreon.com/dariacallie
▷ For prints and original paintings please visit https://dariacallie.com/store/
Music: Paperchaser “Perception by degrees”