Visit http://www.newmastersacademy.org for tens of thousands of model reference images, 3D models, and hundreds of hours of the world’s best art video instruction.
At New Masters Academy we’re always looking for new ways to help teach the fundamentals of art. Recently we have begun releasing (via YouTube) a series of timed reference videos that we call the Daily Life Drawing Sessions. These sessions allow artists to practice drawing 1, 2, 5, and now 10 minute figure drawing poses that we have selected from the vast Image Reference Library ( http://www.newmastersacademy.org/reference-images ). These sessions have been met with with overwhelming enthusiasm which sparked a new idea:
We have begun recording real-time video lessons where your New Masters Academy instructors draw from these timed sessions right alongside you. Click here to view the free sessions on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7EWYwaF6E-H0O-e7LadTqmR4kUPO3jqa
Using these videos is simple!
1. Set up your computer, laptop, or tablet near your working area with the screen at a perpendicular angle to your eye.
2. Make sure you are working in a well lit area with your drawing surface perpendicular to your eye as well.
3. Play the video and try to work in real time (no pausing!). First you will see a series of one minute poses. This doesn’t give you much time so you’ll want to try to get a sense of the whole figure, whether you’re drawing gesture lines or an interconnecting lay-in. Even for the one minute poses, don’t rush! Just set realistic goals for yourself.
Tip: When two images are shown side-by-side choose whichever image you like. If you repeat the same video session again (and we recommend you do) you can do the drawing over again or choose the other side.
4. After five one-minute poses, you’ll get the chance to do five two-minute poses. Here you are going to work the same way that you did with the one minute poses but you’ll also be able to start defining the forms (starting with major forms) and how they connect with each other.
5. The last two-poses are 5 minutes each. We have chosen particularly difficult poses here so take your time to work them out.
You can view more at http://www.newmastersacademy.org
Here’s how we recommend you use this resource: First do these DLDS (Daily Life Drawing Session) video yourself one or multiple times trying to stay true to the timer and improving on your initial drawings and understandings of the poses each time. Next watch your favorite instructors do the same drawings from the same videos as you, comparing what similarities and differences there are between not only you and your favorite instructor, but also among the different instructors. This is an approach that has never been implemented in art education and so far the feedback has extremely positive.
What if I want to draw for more than 5 minutes?
Click here for the static images:
Where can I get more reference images?
Subscribe at New Masters Academy for thousands of model images, real-time 3D scans and hundreds of hours of art instruction. http://www.newmastersacademy.org
Start learning at:
What if I have suggestions/feedback?
Post them here in the comments area. We welcome any opportunity to improve!
WARNING: NUDITY CONTENT
This area of https://painting.tube may contain content that some users might find objectionable and is intended for a mature audience. It must not to be accessed by anyone under the age of 18 (or the age of consent in the jurisdiction from which it is being accessed).
YOU MUST AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ENTERING!
– I am over age 18 years old, and I have the legal right to possess Artistic-nude material in my community.
– I will not permit any person(s) under 18 years of age to have access to any of the materials contained in this site.
– I am familiar with the rules governing the viewing or possession of adult oriented materials as defined by my local jurisdiction.
– I am voluntarily choosing to access this site, because I want to view, read and/or hear the various materials which are available. I do not find images of nudity to be offensive or objectionable.
– I will exit from this site immediately if I am in any way offended by any material.
– I understand and agree to abide by the standards and laws of my community. By browsing any part of this Web site, I agree that I shall not hold the owner of this Web site responsible for any materials located on the site.
Click ‘Agree’ to indicate that you abide by these terms and wish to enter the adult content section of the site.
If you do not agree to these terms, click ‘Disagree’ to go back to homepage.